Garland Truffles offers two workshop options available by appointment only. These typically start at 10 a.m., from Tuesday to Saturday. You may contact us for availability. Please note no pets or children are allowed.
Short 2-Hour Presentation
1. Our short 2-hour presentation includes an orchard tour and truffle butter tasting. This is offered at a $400 minimum for two persons and an additional $200 per person.
Complete 4-to-5-Hour Presentation
1. This workshop is available at $1,000 for up to two people and begins at the Garland’s home.
2. During the 2–to–3-hour technical presentation, we comprehensively cover everything from understanding truffles to the science of truffles and successful truffle cultivation techniques. Snacks, including truffle butter and truffle cheeses, and refreshments are offered throughout the presentation. There is a question-and-answer session after the presentation.
3. Following the presentation, our truffle–tasting lunch is served. The menu varies seasonally, but you will taste various dishes with ample truffles.
4. After lunch, we walk through the greenhouse, where we grow our truffle trees. Weather permitting, we proceed to our orchard to view various practical aspects of truffle cultivation. It is highly recommended that you bring adequate footwear for potentially wet or muddy conditions. We can take a trained dog to look for truffles during harvest season.
Payment is due in advance of the workshop. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and bank or personal checks. Checks should be made payable to “Garland Truffles” and mailed to our farm address at 3020 Ode Turner Road, Hillsborough, NC 27278, within ten business days of the workshop. You will receive your receipt upon arrival at the farm. Please email or call us at (919) 732-3041 to make reservations.